Packing units can be tricky and stressful if not done properly.
- Make a list of items you are storing
- Take pictures of the items you are storing
- Use good quality boxes that are stackable
- List the contents of each box on the outside to identify your items
- Organise them before you get to the unit
- Put heavier boxes ready to get out of the car first and to go on the floor/lower levels
- Sharps or fragile items to be wrapped up properly and kept out of reach
- Wrap up your items properly in bubble wrap and tape
When you get to the unit
- Think about how you will layout your unit
- Items not needed will be better at the back
- Make the most of your space
- Stack items where possible
- Use storage spaces for items too
- Protect your furniture – wrap it up or cover it properly
- Stand items on their ends if possible – mattress etc.
Packing Your Self-Storage Unit
If you are packing up your items at home to store them in your self-storage unit, this can be stressful and tricky to know what works best. Let’s take a look at some handy tips…
When you begin to pack your items for self-storage, it is important to do it right from the beginning.
- Make a list of the items you are putting into storage
- Take photos of items too!
- Use quality cardboard or plastic boxes – these need to hold and store your items well
- List the contents of each box so you know what is where
- Organise your boxes – you want to do the heavy lifting first!
At the Self-Storage Unit
When you get to your self-storage unit, you need to ensure that you make the most of your space!
- Think about how you want to lay things out – you don’t want the useful items at the back!
- Make the most of the space through stacking items or storing them in items (i.e., wardrobes or drawers)
- Protect your furniture well – use sheets or wrapping to cover them and protect the materials
- For big or long items, store them on their ends!
Stratford Self Storage Units for You
At Stratford Self Storage, we are able to offer you a large, clean and dry unit for your items. Each unit had double door access and there is a sole keyholder. You are able to access your unit 24/7 too!
Contact Us Today
For more information, or if you require a self-storage unit, contact Stratford Self Storage today! We will be happy to provide you with the best option for your storage requirements.
To find out other ways in which we can support you, contact us today on 01789 720027.